Snacking can be a result of many things, such as stress, hunger between meals, or even boredom. Eating these smaller amounts of food in between meals can be helpful, if they are the right kinds of foods. Planning healthy snacks gives you power to control your eating throughout the day, warding off trips to the vending machine and munching on treats sitting around the office. Here is a list of healthy snacks you can prepare in advance and have on-the-go to keep your hunger pains and cravings at bay throughout the day.
Healthy Snack Ideas:
- Celery sticks with peanut butter.
- Fresh fruit. Pick a variety at the produce section and have fun switching it up each day.
- Chips and salsa. Pull out a specified number of chips onto a plate rather than grabbing straight from the bag.
- Apple slices and peanut butter.
- Pita chips and hummus. Remember the plate rule for chips. No grabbing from the bag.
- Fresh vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, and broccoli florets.
- Fruit salad. Make a large fruit salad and have it ready to go in small containers.
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Trail mix. Check the label for minimal added oils.
- Low calorie yogurt
- Rice cakes.
- Frozen grapes.
- Smoothie. Aim to use only fruits and vegetables... but use as many as you can pack in!