Chronic Disease Self-Management
This program provides you with tools to better manage your chronic disease and live a fuller life. It is designed for individuals living with a chronic condition and/or for those living with someone with a chronic condition, such as asthma, arthritis, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, emphysema, depression, chronic pain, and more.
Diabetes Self-Management Workshop
This program is specifically designed for those with diabetes, pre-diabetes, and those living with someone with diabetes. The program will help you apply tools to better manage your condition and live a fuller life.
The above course content was developed by Stanford University and has several years of positive research regarding program outcomes.
In these FREE 6-week programs you will learn:
- Strategies to combat frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Lifestyle patterns to help maintain and improve overall health
- Guidelines for appropriate use of medications and evaluating new treatments
- Techniques to effectively communicate with family, friends, and health professionals
- Problem solving strategies for handling challenging situations
- Decision making skills to use when faced with difficult choices
- Weekly action planning to help you gain greater control of your life
Trainers are certified in the material and are sponsored by the Utah Department of Health in conjunction with the Utah County Health Department and the Utah Arthritis Foundation / (All course materials are paid for by BYU Wellness and UCHD).